As the temperature drops, the urge to snack rises. Keep this healthy recipe on hand.
Heat things up with a little south-of-the-border flavor. You'll need to do most of the chopping, but kids can dish out the salsa to spice up meals and snacks.
What you need:
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 ripe kiwi
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/2 jalapeno (minced)
- handful of minced cilantro (optional)
- small can of black beans (drained)
- salt to taste
What to do:
- Wash and dry all the vegetables.
- Chop the tomatoes, kiwi, onion, and pepper into very fine cubes.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
Use to top quesadillas, tacos, chips, potatoes, and pretzels.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10
Find Just-Right Books