Craft supplies you’ll need:
- Craft paint, black
- Paper plate
- Scissors, knife, or box cutter
- Colored card stock in black, brown, and red
- Duct tape
- Elastic, black
- Hot-glue gun
- Red tissue streamers
- Cardboard box (approximately 24" x 24")
- Black cloth ribbon (approximately 36", cut evenly in two pieces)
- Brown paper egg cartons
Clothing and props you’ll need:
- Long-sleeve black shirt
- Black pants
- Black socks with black flip-flops
- Mustache from Halloween shop
- Toy sword
For the hat:
1. Paint both sides of the paper plate with black paint and dry completely.
2. Cut two horns from black card stock. Turn the plate upside down and make two slits in it; insert horns and fold ends onto the plate bottom, taping them to secure.
3. Cut two small holes on either side of the plate, thread elastic through, and size to fit securely on your child’s head. Tie knots on each end. Hot-glue red tissue streamers around the edge of the plate.
For the armor:
1. Cut two identical body plates from the cardboard box. Paint both sides red.
2. Place the body plates side by side so the tops are facing each other. Make two slits 3" from the top of the body plate and your child’s shoulder-width apart. Make sure the slits are identical on each body plate.
3. Thread black ribbon from one body plate to the other to create shoulder straps. Tie each end of ribbon to hold in place. Hot-glue and/or duct tape egg cartons (cut in half) to shoulder straps; decorate front of armor with egg cartons and various cardboard shapes.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-13