- 1 9" deep-dish frozen pie crust
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup water
- 3 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 7 large eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- 1/8 to ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
1. Place frozen pie crust on a baking sheet; set aside. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
2. Add broccoli and water to the skillet; cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until water evaporates. Spread the mixture in the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over broccoli; set aside.
3. Beat eggs, half and half, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, then pour into pie crust. Transfer quiche to oven and bake at 350˚F for 40 minutes, or until eggs are set and the crust is golden brown.
Wrap the cooked quiche tightly in foil and freeze. To reheat, defrost in the fridge overnight, then bake, covered, at 350˚F for 30 minutes.
4 MORE FREEZABLE FAMILY DINNERS
Photo Credit: Ryan Liebe