Makes 2 dozen
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar (sifted)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, and milk in an electric mixer. Sift flour and baking powder together and add gradually to the wet ingredients until it forms a dough. You may have some flour left over.
3. Shape into 2 disks and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4. Gently shape dough into 1" balls (avoid overworking it) and place on greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 15 minutes for soft cookies or 20 minutes for crumbly. Let cool.
6. For the icing, whip confectioners’ sugar and water together until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest.
7. Dip the top of each cookie in glaze. (Add more sugar/water if it’s not dipping easily.) Store in an airtight tin between layers of waxed paper.
More holiday cookie ideas: