Bathtub Body Paint
Easy-off paint adds a new twist to playing in the tub.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- Nontoxic washable or body paint
- Old towels
- Old clothes
What to do:
- Prepare for this activity by tossing on some old clothes and covering the bathroom floor with old towels.
- Strip your child down to his diaper while you run the bath.
- Dip your finger in the paint and color your toddler's different body parts. Encourage him to name them along with you as you put a blue dot on his nose, green stripes on his arms, or yellow squiggles on his feet. He will enjoy hearing the colors named as well.
- Now it's your child's turn. Invite him to put a little red on your hand or a bit of orange on your toe.
- To finish up, put him in the bathtub and scrub away!
- Introduces new vocabulary words
- Encourages sensory exploration
- Enhances language development