Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- large plastic containers
- small plastic containers filled with sand, beans, or buttons
- rhythm instruments such as bells, maracas, and rhythm sticks
What to do:
- With your child, explore rhythm instruments to learn about the different sounds they can make. Ask her to use the instruments to make quiet sounds, then loud ones.
- Take turns creating different rhythms with your child. Encourage her to copy a beat that you play. Then ask her to create a beat for you to copy. Pretend that you are having a conversation with your instruments.
- Invite your child to create rhythms on a plastic container that depict different moods (happiness, sadness) or actions (running, dancing, or crying). Respond to it as though you are having a conversation with the drums.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5