8 Ways to Create Space for a Home Library
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Help your child learn to love reading and respect books by making reading at home an important and enjoyable part of her life.
- Choose an inviting, well-lit spot where you can store books and she can choose a story and snuggle up on a comfy pillow or beanbag.
- Keep books safely within his reach on low, sturdy shelves.
- Repair and preserve damaged or ripped books.
- Rotate the books on the shelves to keep choices fresh and inviting.
- Appeal to her taste with books, magazines, and catalogues about whatever fascinates her.
- Set up a book-lending system with other parents so kids can share favorite stories and discover new ones.
- Extend the experience by asking your child to discuss his reading, retell the story with puppets or props, or create artwork inspired by his book.
- Create your own books together and put them on your library shelves. It will boost her pride and she'll gain a respect for what goes into publishing a book.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 5-7
Find Just-Right Books