5 Ways to Raise a Reader
Make reading part of your child’s life.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
- Start a family book group.
- Sign up your child for an e-mail newsletter on any subject — from dinosaurs to pop music — that interests her.
- Make the connection between fact and fiction. For example, if your child loves stories about animals, show him a newspaper article about animals, zoos, or wildlife.
- Introduce him to lighter fare like detective novels, short stories, magazines or comic books that are relaxing and fun to read.
- Show your child that you're a reader. Kids are more likely to grow up loving reading if they see you enjoy it too.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7