Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Getting kids excited about math and science may be as easy as finding how their interest can be explored through STEM resources!
STEM for everyone:
- Math Moves U is an innovative program sponsored by Raytheon to excite students about math and science in the everyday world. There are lots of great ways to get kids thinking, and excited about STEM!
- Sports Science: Explore the math and science behind team sports!
- Get the Math has multimedia projects that focus on algebra in the real world, such as fashion, video game design, and music production.
- Math Pickle is wonderful math site that offers children challenging problems in a fun way. The site offers curricular games, puzzles, and mini-competitions.
- -ology: Find lots of interactive -ologies (zoology, archeology, etc.).
- Math Snacks: Math Snacks are short animations and mini-games designed to present mathematics in a very different way. Math Snacks give students, especially those who don't particularly like math, another way to look at math concepts:
- Lessons from teen girls on everyday courage.
- Inspiring heroes.
- My Hero Project inspires people to realize their potential and effect positive change in the world.
- Girls for a Change is national organization that empowers girls to create social change.
- Real Men, Real Heroes is a nonprofit mentoring organization working with youth across racial, ethnic, and socio-economic lines.
- Do Something is an organization that motivates teens to get involved in social service and social change.
- At Achievement.org come face-to-face with leaders, visionaries, and pioneers across many fields (arts, business, public service, science & exploration, and sports).
- The Born This Way Foundation is Lady Gaga’s foundation with three pillars: safety, skills, and opportunity.
- Students Rebuild is an organization mobilizes young people worldwide to connect, learn and take action on critical global issues.