Here are some book picks for your Kindergartner:
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten, by Joseph Slate: This book is about a teacher getting her classroom ready for her students. It is just one example of a book about preparing for kindergarten though there are many books about 1st days of kindergarten.
- The Crayon Box that Talked, by Shane Derolf: This book about a box of crayons that doesn’t get along is commonly used in classrooms to help students talk about their relationships with each other and how they can work together and how their differences can be beneficial.
- Growing Vegetable Soup, by Lois Ehlert: This book is a great way to introduce your child to basic science topics such as gardening and plants as well as serves as an opportunity to get your child cooking and gardening with you!
- My Five Senses, by Aliki: This book helps teach children about their senses, a very important scientific concept.
- Books about the 100 first days of school: There are many books about marking and celebrating the 100th day of school as this is a very important mathematical concept often taught in kindergarten (and sometimes in 1st grade). Most likely, your child will celebrate the 100th day of kindergarten in his school so you can read books about it at home to supplement the celebration.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7