7 Steps to a Successful Research Report
If your child's about to tackle a big project, she can follow these simple steps to stay on track.
1. Choose a topic. It should be a subject he can understand and one that interests him.
2. Make a plan. Create a calendar together to map out the process.
3. Check with the teacher. She should double-check the topic with her teacher.
4. Conduct research and take notes. He can use a range of resources — from books, periodicals, and the Internet — to do this. Help him practice taking notes without copying word-for-word to reduce the risk of plagiarism.
5. Outline the project. This will help her organize her notes and thoughts.
6. Write the report. Use the outline as a road map.
7. Edit and reread the report. Checking and correcting mistakes are the hallmarks of a good student.