Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- a simple stocking cap
- two large balls of yarn (per wig)
- felt and other decorations
- fabric glue
- cookie sheet
What to do:
- Make four or so large "pom-poms" by wrapping the yarn (half a ball per pom-pom) many times around a cookie sheet. Then thread an 8-inch piece of yarn between the cookie sheet and the wrapped yarn, and use it to tie the wrapped yarn into a bundle — the extra yarn from the tie will be used to attach the cap.
- Attach the pom-poms to the cap by threading the leftover tie strands through a yarn needle and then through the cap. Knot them on the cap's underside.
- Once the pom-poms are attached, cut your "hair" to the desired length and then braid it or glue on embellishments. You can also use the glue to tame unruly strands of hair.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10