King of the Castle
How to make the perfect Father's Day gift.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
Father’s Day is coming. You and your court can make Pop feel like royalty with these sweet, simple suggestions:
- Designate a special “throne.” Put a cushion and a “King Dad” sign on a kitchen chair, or drape a pretty piece of fabric over the recliner (purple traditionally signifies royalty).
- Craft a crown to suit his style. If he’s a sports nut, have your kids decorate a blank baseball cap with fabric pens or paint. If he’s into cooking, use a chef’s hat.
- Play jester. Kids can dress up in silly costumes and tell jokes, perform comedy skits, or march around playing instruments.
- Do Dad’s bidding. Whatever he says goes.
- Design a coat of arms. Each royal family has one to represent its history and values. What’s important to you? Hang it proudly in the kitchen or on the front door.
Or find the perfect gift for Dad with this helpful list of affordable products:
Black Leather Travel Wallet
Leather travel wallet is a men's accessory essential. The bi-fold wallet provides slots for bills, coins, and credit cards. Overstock, $11.
The North Star by Peter Reynolds
This feel-good story about self-discovery is a wonderful bedtime read and perfect for starting a new tradition. Each year on this special day, enjoy it together as a reminder to be true to yourselves and to follow your dreams. Candlewick Press, $17.
Build-a-Book: Why I Love My Dad
Make a memory book using this kit's markers and 3-D cutouts and your photos and drawings. Leave the last few pages blank so you can fill them in together! Klutz, $13.
Things to Do With Dad by Chris Stevens
Packed with cool games, fun projects, and activities that will make time together even more special, this book will give you loads of ideas for ways to enjoy Dad's day. Scholastic, $8.
Wahl Travel Gear Battery-operated Grooming Kit
This quality grooming kit from Wahl includes tweezer to trimmers and everything in between. With a carrying case and compact design, this shaving and grooming set goes anywhere. Overstock, $14.
#1 Dad BBQ Gift Set
Tell Dad he's number one with this grilling Sportula spatula and chef's apron and let everyone know there's a number one dad manning the grill. Walmart, $25.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 5-7
Find Just-Right Books