7 Ways to Encourage Creative Expression
Nurture your kids with gentle support and your participation in their activities.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
- Be your child's biggest fan. Encourage and praise him for being an individual.
- Don't judge. Make sure your child feels comfortable and unrestrained when she is exploring her talents.
- Go through the motions. When you are reading together, use gestures and movement to act out the story.
- Use props. Keeping funny or interesting objects on hand can bring out the performer in your child.
- Sound it out. Find and make sound effects in a book the two of you are reading.
- Let loose. Put on the radio or your child's favorite CD and dance like crazy.
- Get in on the action. Be goofy and spontaneous to show your child that expressing yourself is fun!
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5