Wrap It Up!
Making gift wrap brings home the message of kindness.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- Tempera paint
- Sponges, cut into shapes
- Newsprint paper
- Paper bags
What to do:
- Read books to introduce the concepts of kindness and giving, such as Clifford's Good Deeds, by Norman Bridwell, and A Chair For My Mother, by Vera B. Williams. Explain that you will make wrapping paper to cover gifts your family will give to others.
- Lay out the art materials and newsprint or paper bags.
- Invite your child to decorate the paper using the sponges dipped in paint. Explain that he can make patterns, free-form designs, or anything he can think of. Your child's handprints and footprints are great, too!
- Let the paper dry. Wrap a gift with the paper and decorate with a bow.
- Encourages creativity
- Promotes kindness to others
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5