Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- small plastic bottles
- variety of noise-making materials, including aquarium gravel, dried beans, dried pasta, rice, sand, Styrofoam peanuts, and small bells
- masking tape or glue
What to do:
- Collect empty plastic bottles. Remove the caps and allow the bottles to air dry before replacing the caps.
- Put the different types of materials into small plastic cups or bowls.
- Choose two materials that vary in size and place them into bottles, putting enough inside so the material can shake around. Secure the bottle caps with masking tape.
- Take turns shaking the bottles. Which sound is the quietest and which is the loudest?
- Use the sound bottles as instruments while listening to recorded music, or while dancing or marching to music.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5
Find Just-Right Books