Help your little one make stars that really sparkle!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- Construction paper
- Paintbrush (a larger one will work best)
- Salt shaker
What to do:
- To prepare, cut stars out of construction paper. They can be a variety of colors and sizes.
- Invite your toddler to help you glue the stars onto sheets of construction paper. She can use a paintbrush to spread the glue.
- Next, have her "paint" glue onto the tops of the stars and sprinkle salt on the glue.
- When the glue dries, talk about how the stars sparkle and twinkle. You can even sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
- Help your toddler spot other things that sparkle in your house or when you are out for a walk.
Find Just-Right Books