Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- colored felt squares (about 8" x 8")
- fabric glue
- decorations, such as buttons, fabric pieces, pom-poms
- cotton for stuffing
What to do:
- Talk about dreams. Has your child had silly or scary dreams? Did she ever wish that one of her dreams could come true? Did she ever wish or dream of being a pirate or fairy?
- Invite her to create a "sweet dreams" pillow, which can go on her bed to remind her of all the wonderful things she can dream about each night.
- Let your child choose two colors of felt squares. Set out all the decorative items and invite your child to glue them on both pieces of felt. Allow to dry.
- Model for your child how to spread glue on the three sides of the felt to make the pillow, leaving one side open. Allow to dry.
- Together, stuff the pillow with cotton and add a small amount of glue to close. Enjoy!
- Encourages imagination
- Promotes conversation and self-awareness
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7
Find Just-Right Books