Splish Splash Bird Bath
Welcome feathered friends with a fun place to play.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- 3 flower pots (we used heavyweight plastic ones)
- 1 large flower pot tray
- indoor/outdoor water-based paint
- vinyl adhesive caulk*
- plastic animals for decoration
What to do:
- Apply beads of adhesive caulk to the base of an inverted flowerpot. Place the base of a second pot onto the wet caulk and then apply caulk to the rim of that pot. Place the opening of the third pot onto the second, completing the stand.
- Apply caulk to the base of the top pot and center the large flowerpot tray on top. Let the caulk set according to the package directions.
- Paint your birdbath using indoor/outdoor paint. Decorate it using more of the caulk to adhere plastic animals or cover it in a brightly painted design.
*Tip: Check the label of the adhesive caulk to make sure that it's paintable. You can find adhesive caulk at your local hardware store.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-13