Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- light blue construction paper
- white glue
- crystal glitter
- close-up photos of snowflakes
- hole punch
What to do:
- Explain to your child that each snowflake has a unique design, but all snowflakes are hexagons — they each have six sides and six points.
- Find photos of snowflakes to study. (Try a library book or search Google Images.)
- Invite your child to draw a snowflake with a pencil on the light blue paper and then outline it with glue.
- While the glue is still wet, lightly sprinkle crystal glitter on the glue. Allow it to dry.
- Cut out the snowflake. Punch a hole at the top, and hang in a window for a snowy display. Make a bunch to create a storm!
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7