Help your child give someone the moon and the stars.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- translucent plastic (container lids, report covers)
- different color construction paper
- art materials: colored markers, tempera paint, tissue paper, glitter, glue
- child safety scissors
- hole punch and string or yarn
What to do:
- Go outside with your child and point out what's in the sky stars, clouds, the moon, and so on.
- Invite your child to make "stained-glass" creations of things he has seen in the sky. Provide him with pieces of plastic and art materials. Your child can draw stars, the sun, planets, or anything he chooses. Help him cut out the drawing or decorate the entire piece of plastic.
- Punch a hole in the top of each creation. Thread string or yarn so your stained-glass sun catchers can be hung in windows, the yard, or anywhere that the sun will hit them.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7