Your child can turn her favorite natural environment into a great gift.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- construction paper (different colors, depending on the scene)
- art supplies
- small toys that reflect the environment
- pictures of different outdoor environments (optional)
What to do:
- Talk to your child about different outdoor environments and seasons. Help him pick a place he has been to or that he is interested in, such as the ocean or the desert.
- Cut out a piece of construction paper the size of the bottom of a shoebox. The paper should be a color that will reflect the scene (white for snow, blue for underwater, and so on). Ask your child to draw the scene and then glue the paper to the bottom of the shoebox.
- Turn the shoebox on its side so you can look in the opening to see the background scene. Ask your child to create additional pieces with clay or to glue small toys in the box to complete the diorama.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7