Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- rocks and stones of all shapes, sizes, and colors
- acrylic paint
- paint brushes
- white glue
What to do:
- Clean and dry your collection of rocks.
- Pick a theme — the forest, the ocean, or the arctic — and paint your rocks to look like people, animals, or plants you might find there.
- Paint a background in your box and arrange your creatures.
- To affix your creatures to the box, dip cotton in a mixture of glue and water and then arrange your rocks on top. Or you can use a low-temperature glue gun.
Have some rocks left over? Try another crafty project:
- Make sculptures combined with recycled materials.
- Create a Zen garden.
- Personalize it: Paint your name or picture on it.
- Name your rock, give it a mini home, and keep it as a pet.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7