Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Logic and Reasoning
What you need:
- large geometric shapes cut from oak tag paper or poster board; you can also use these printable templates
- rubber stamps and stickers
- clear contact paper
- reclosable plastic bags (gallon-size)
What to do:
- Give your child the cut-out shapes and ask him to identify them, one by one.
- Set out the art materials and invite him to decorate the shapes. Then cover his finished work with clear contact paper.
- Explain that you will make the shapes into puzzles by cutting each shape into two or three pieces. Work with your child to divide his shapes into three sections and help with the cutting.
- Now see if he can put his geometric shapes back together. Then put each reconstructed shape in a labeled reclosable bags and return to the puzzles another day.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5