Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- small, clear plastic box or jar
- small, waterproof items, such as buttons, sequins, little plastic fish, tiny teddy bear counters, or glitter
- colored plastic tape
What to do:
- Add the decorative items (available from most craft stores) to your box or jar. Fill with water.
- Secure cap or cover tightly and seal with glue. Let dry and add the plastic tape around the seam to complete the look.
- Encourage your child to shake the globe, tip it, and turn it around. (For safety, never leave young children unattended with this toy.)
- Talk about what happens when she shakes the globe. She will be mesmerized by the sparkling, glittering water — and learn about cause and effect in the process.
- supports visual learning skills
- teaches cause and effect
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5