Get kids to create a timeline of their life.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- pens and/or markers
- personal photos
What to do:
- Cut the posterboard into strips, and tape the strips end to end to form a long piece.
- Talk with your child about important or special moments in his life: birth, siblings' birth, first day of school, vacations, sporting events, hobbies. Gather photos of as many of these events as possible.
- Glue the photos in order along the posterboard. Draw a timeline underneath the photos, and label the dates of the photos.
- Underneath each photo, summarize the photo and why he chose it or why it is important.
- As an extension, your child also might want to create a parallel timeline showing world events happening at the same time as the events in his life.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7
Find Just-Right Books