You don't have to wait until Halloween to have fun with homemade masks!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- tempera paints
- hole punch
- safety scissors
- paper plates
What to do:
- Talk with your child about her favorite animals and explain that she can make an animal mask. She can refer to a picture of a real animal to help make her mask.
- Give your child a paper plate to use as the base.
- Measure where the eyeholes will go, and cut out the holes for your child, making them large enough so that she can see safely.
- Encourage your child to paint, draw, and use a variety of materials to design her mask.
- After the decorations have dried, attach a large craft stick to the bottom of the mask so she can hold it up to her face.
- Invite her to dramatize a favorite story.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5
Find Just-Right Books