Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- a variety of boxes, cardboard tubes, containers, and other leftover household items
- tempera paint
What to do:
- Talk with your child about inventing his own machine. Think about some ideas together for what kind of machine he will make. How about one to dispense a snack or clean up his room? Brainstorming will increase his ideas and excitement about his new creation.
- Invite him to draw the new machine and tell you about what it can do.
- Have him bring his invention to life using the boxes, containers, and art supplies you collected.
- When he's finished, give him time to explain and talk about his creation. What does this machine do? Does it help people with their work or make life more fun?
- Encourages creativity
- Promotes vocabulary-building discussions