Make a Kite
Ready to craft your own custom kite? It's easy breezy!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Attention and Focus
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- 2 dowel rods (1 long, 1 short)
- string or ribbon
- brown paper (old shopping bags are perfect)
- strong tape (such as duct tape or reflective tape)
What to do:
- Tie the rods together into a cross shape with the string, making sure the rods stay centered.
- Cut out a paper kite shape that is an inch or two bigger in diameter than the cross on all sides.
- Fold down the extra inch or two of paper on each diagonal and secure with tape to create a thick edge.
- Tape the paper portion of the kite to the cross.
- Tie a long piece of string to the point where the bars cross, leaving the end attached to the spool.
- Decorate the front with paint and tape.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5