Celestial Baby Cap
- baby hat
- yellow fleece or felt
- yellow embroidery floss
- embroidery needle
- fabric glue
- Cut small moon and star shapes out of the fleece or felt.
- Stitch the moon onto the hat in the desired location using the needle and floss.
- Glue the star shapes along the rim and around the moon.
- light cardboard
- black and red pom poms, assorted sizes
- tacky glue
- doll clothespins (round head)
- googly eyes
- green and black pipe cleaners
- yellow and black paint
- walnut and pistachio shells
Ladybug: Cut a small cardboard round, glue on a red pom pom, and allow to dry. Glue on a black pom pom as the head and smaller ones as the spots. Add googly eyes.
Cricket: Paint clothespin and allow to dry. Dab glue on center of a piece of pipe cleaner, insert it into the clothespin split, and bend it into legs. Repeat twice more to make three sets of legs. Add googly eyes.
Scarab: Glue three pistachio shells to half of a walnut shell as the beetle's head. Paint black and allow to dry. Glue on pipe cleaner legs and googly eyes.
Wild Animal Sunprint Blocks
- sunprint paper (available at craft stores)
- brightly colored paint
- wooden cubes
- Mod Podge
- Paint wooden cubes; allow to dry.
- Cut sunprint paper into squares each 1⁄2" smaller around than one side of the block.
- Cut animal shapes out of the cardboard (using a stencil if you like) and place it on the paper in the sun according to package instructions.
- Attach sunprint paper to blocks using Mod Podge. Brush another layer over the surface to seal it and allow to dry.
- 7-inch embroidery hoop
- tacky glue
- yarn or cord, 5 yards
- jingle bells, feathers, beads
- craft foam and hole punch
- Tie a loop of cord at the top of the hoop as a hanger.
- Knot one end of a 9-foot length of cord at the top of the hoop and glue to secure.
- Stretch cord across hoop to opposite side and wrap twice around rim. Stretch it across the rim again and wrap it around a different part of the rim. Continue in this manner until you form a web and 5 inches of cord remain. Knot and glue the end to secure it.
- Cut three 18" lengths of cord. Fold each in half unevenly, tie them around the bottom of the hoop, and decorate with bells, feathers, beads, etc.
- Cut a small craft foam rectangle, decorate it, punch holes in the corners, and tie it to the center of the web.
Cheery Chinese Lanterns
- Chinese food containers or pint-sized milk cartons (clean)
- pipe cleaner and beads
- transparent red plastic file folder
- tacky glue and cotton swab
- hole punch
- battery-operated votive light
- Cut windows on two opposing carton sides.
- Cut two pieces of red plastic each slightly bigger than the carton windows and glue inside; let dry.
- Punch a hole near the top of two opposing carton sides, decorate a pipe cleaner with beads, and secure each end to one of the holes.
- Embellish with buttons, rickrack, etc.
- Light by inserting a battery-operated votive.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5