Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- photos of your child
- oak tag paper
- hole punch
- small binder rings
- glue sticks
- markers or crayons
- stickers or small rubber stamps
What to do:
- Tell your child you will be making a book about his physical skills. What does he know how (and love) to do: Balance a book on his head? Stand on one leg? Do a headstand?
- Photograph your child engaged in these activities.
- Invite your child to glue the photos (one per page) to the upper half of a sheet of oak tag. Underneath each photo write: "I can ______." Ask your child to help you fill in the blanks.
- Encourage your child to use stickers or rubber stamps to decorate the pages, and design a cover for the book. Make up a title and write it on the cover.
- Promotes fitness and health
- Encourages physical development
- Teaches vocabulary and early reading skills
- Provides writing practice
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5
Find Just-Right Books