These sewing cards are tailor-made for your toddler.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Listening and Speaking
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- Washable markers or jumbo crayons
- Paper plates
- Shoestring or yarn
- Scissors (adult)
What to do:
- Invite your toddler to use the markers or crayons to decorate the paper plates. She may need you to provide gentle guidance in holding the marker and using it to make marks.
- Once your child has decorated the plates, use scissors to make holes approximately the size of quarters in the plate.
- Show your toddler how to lace a shoestring or a piece of yarn (with the ends taped to prevent fraying and provide a grip for your child) through the holes in the plate. As she works, describe what she is doing — the colors of the yarn and the colors on the plate, as well as how the string goes IN and OUT of the holes.
- Strengthens fine-motor skills
- Promotes vocabulary development
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 0-2