Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- sheets of colored construction paper
- child safety scissors
- craft materials
What to do:
- Invite your child to think about your home. How many windows are there? What color is the building?
- Ask him to draw your home. You can cut flaps to create open windows and doors. On another sheet, have him to draw figures of family members (including pets!).
- Cut out the people and the drawing of the house.
- Glue the house onto a larger sheet of paper — preferably a different color.
- Glue family figures under the flaps of the windows and doors so they can be seen when the flaps are opened.
- encourages an understanding of different types of dwellings
- inspires creative expression
- promotes fine-motor skills
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5