Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- 32-ounce plastic yogurt container with lid
- duct tape
- acrylic paint and brush
What to do:
- Clean the yogurt container and lid, and if desired, paint them. Find a spot outside, on a vertical board or fence, and nail the lid to it.
- Carefully make a small opening in the bottom of the yogurt container where the birds (but not the squirrels) can enter.
- Carefully make three nail holes on the side of the yogurt container that will be at the bottom. These will help drain water if the rain gets in.
- Securely tape the container to the lid. Add a few bits of birdseed.
- Watch to see how long it takes the birds to find your homemade nest.