The Good Helper Book
Create a homemade book to help your child feel special about the jobs she does each day.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- three sheets of drawing paper
- adult-size and child-safety scissors
- washable markers and crayons
What to do:
- Cut five small strips of paper and write on them:wake up, breakfast, school, after school, and bedtime. Read the words with your child. Then ask him to place the strips in sequential order.
- Staple three sheets of paper together to make a book. Help your child glue the word strips, in order, onto pages (beginning with page 2), one strip per page.
- Discuss what special jobs he can do during each part of the day. Fold his pajamas? Wipe the table after breakfast? Brush his teeth before bedtime?
- With the drawing materials, your child can illustrate his helpful jobs and make a cover for his book.
- Write your child's comments about his pictures and his jobs on each page — and his title on the cover.