Set the stage for dramatic adventures when you build your own town.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Attention and Focus
What you need:
- milk cartons
- cereal or cracker boxes
- acrylic paint and brushes
- cork mat
- colored construction paper
- safety scissors
What to do:
- Cut milk cartons and/or food boxes to form an assortment of neighborhood buildings such as houses, stores, and office buildings.
- Paint the boxes in assorted colors. When dry, paint in windows and doors. Cut out trees from leftover scraps, and mix in some toy props and figures.
- Affix buildings and figures on a piece of cork. Paint in roads, or ponds, or whatever your neighborhood needs.