Family Photo Dominoes
Make a fun matching game with familiar faces.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- family photos
- children's safety scissors
- index cards
- black nontoxic marker
What to do:
- Make sure there are at least three photos of each person. Cut out one person from each photo so that it will fit on half the index card. Then draw a line down the middle of each index card with the marker.
- Ask your child to glue a picture of a different person onto each half of the index cards. Each card should have two photos on the same side.
- Look at each card and talk about the people in the photos. Encourage your child to share any special names he has for family members.
- Put out all the cards, photos facing up. Select a card and ask your child to name the family members in it. Have him pick one of the people shown and then search through the other cards to find a match. When he does, he can place it next to the first card so that the two photos of the same person are side by side.
- Continue choosing cards and matching photos together. Talk about all the family members shown, asking questions about them. See how long a line of cards you can make.