Dreamy, Starry Shade
Give your child the moon in his room.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- book cloth (paper-backed fabric — buy it online or at art supply stores)
- lamp with a cylindrical shade
- cutting mat
- craft knife
- craft glue
What to do:
- Cut a rectangle of the book cloth that is the same height as your lampshade and long enough to wrap around the shade with a half-inch of overlap.
- Using a pencil, lightly sketch a design of stars and planets on the paper side of the cloth.
- Use the craft knife to cut out the shapes.
- Attach the book cloth to the outside of your shade by placing a few small beads of white craft glue along the overlapping edge. You might place rubber bands around the shade to hold the book cloth in place while the glue dries.
- Place in your child's room for star-studded dreams!
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5
Find Just-Right Books