Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- 12-month calendar
- 12" x 18" oak tag paper
- clear contact paper
What to do:
- Talk about time, such as days of the week and months of the year, with your child.
- Photocopy the pages of a calendar or use a computer program to print out a complete 12-month calendar.
- Staple each month to the bottom portion of a piece of oak tag, leaving the top half blank for your child's drawings.
- Invite your child to decorate the calendar. She can add special stickers to mark important dates, such as birthdays. When she is finished, she can give it to a grandparent, relative, friend, or neighbor.
- Cover the drawings with clear contact paper. Use a hole puncher to make a hole in the top center of each page, so that they can be hung up and admired all month long.
- Introduces the concepts of days, weeks, months, and years
- Promotes creativity
- Encourages generosity
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5