Create a Special Book for Their Special Moments
What you need:
- construction paper
- decorating supplies of your choice (markers, crayons, glitter)
- hole puncher
- ribbon or yarn
- photos of your child
What to do:
1. Create content for the book.
o At the beginning and end of the year, interview your child. Ask about their favorite colors, foods, games, friends, etc.
o Every month, do some sort of creative writing. Ask them questions like “Who are you thankful for?” “What would you do if a dinosaur came to live with you?”
o Write down their responses, and have them illustrate their answers.
o Help your child to write a poem about himself. It could be as simple as an acrostic:
Makes me happy
2. Gather photos of your child taken throughout the year.
Other activities from school could be added as well (i.e., stories, pictures, self-portraits, handprints, etc.).
3. Punch three holes in each page that you create.
4. Put ribbon or yarn through each hole to bind the book together, and help your child create the cover.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 5-7