Create Clay Checkers
Be the king of the board with do-it-yourself game pieces.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- clay (3 colors)
- dough roller
- plastic knife
What to do:
- Choose a color for the center of your checkers and roll that clay into a log about an inch thick.
- With the roller, flatten a piece of clay of a different color into a thin sheet and wrap it around the log. Repeat with the third color.
- Carefully slice the log into checkers ¼ inch thick.
- Bake the checkers according to the directions on clay packaging.
- Ready for more? Make your own checkerboard with colored paper and foam board.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10
Find Just-Right Books