Corn Cob Painting
No brushes needed for this painting and printing activity!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- paper plates (for paint)
- ears of corn (some stripped of kernels, some with kernels)
- tempera paint
- paper (large sheets if available)
What to do:
- Eat some corn a day or so before!
- Cover a table with newspaper, and place paper on top.
- Dip corn cobs in paint, roller-style, and roll along the paper in any direction.
- Use different colors for different effects.
- Compare prints made by cobs with and without kernels.
- creative expression