Contact Paper Collage
This sticky situation is perfect for young children.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Listening and Speaking
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- Clear contact paper
- Collage materials — felt, ribbon, paper scraps (construction, wrapping, tissue)
- Construction paper (optional)
What to do:
- Cut a piece of clear contact paper — approximately 12 to 15 inches square — and peel off the back.
- Provide your child with collage materials, and encourage her to stick them to the contact paper. She may want to put them on and then just peel them off again.
- While she's making her collage, talk with her about the materials she is using — their colors and textures. Point out how sticky the contact paper feels.
- When she is finished, place another piece of clear contact paper on top. Alternatively, place a piece of construction paper on top and then flip the collage over so it shows through the other side of the contact paper.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 1-5