Make a friend to keep — or give.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- bandannas or other fabric
- yarn needle and embroidery floss
- buttons and rickrack
- fabric glue
- stuffing (available at craft stores)
- doll patterns (see below)
What to do:
- Use the links below to find and print the pattern of your choice.
- Fold the bandanna or fabric in half. Draw your doll shape on it and cut it out.
- On the front piece, make a face with the embroidery floss and add embellishments like buttons, pockets, or a collar.
- Run a bead of fabric glue around the inside edge of the back piece (leaving a 2" section open for stuffing), glue the two pieces in place, and then stitch them together.
- Stuff your doll, then glue and sew the opening shut.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10
Find Just-Right Books