You-nique Yogurt Treats
Have-it-your-way yogurt snacks.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- containers of your favorite flavors of yogurt
- variety of toppings, such as chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup, granola, and sliced fruit
What to do:
- Peel and slice your favorite fruits. Then place all the ingredients on the table and ask your child to think about which yogurt flavor and toppings she would like to use to make a yogurt sundae. Let her taste toppings individually.
- Talk about what a sundae is and how to make one. Ask your child to fill a bowl with yogurt, then spoon fruit slices, nuts, and other toppings onto it. Encourage her to taste her snack after she adds each topping.
- Make your own sundae, perhaps using different ingredients so that you can compare tastes later.
- As you enjoy your snack, talk about how these sundaes are different from ice cream sundaes. Brainstorm other kinds of sundaes you could make at another time.