Cook up some summer fun with this fruity, bright pink treat!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- 10-oz. package of sweetened raspberries or strawberries, defrosted (or use unsweetened berries and add 2 or 3 tbsp. honey or sugar)
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 cup firm yogurt
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- sliced fruit
What to do:
- Help your child mash and mix the berries with the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Have your child help you measure 1 cup of yogurt and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Then let her add them to the bowl and stir. As she mixes, ask her to describe the changes she sees. Does the color change? How about the thickness? Does the mixture become smoother as she stirs?
- Slice fruit into chunks and arrange them on a plate.
- Invite your child to choose a piece of fruit, dip, and eat! If different kinds of fruit are available, ask your child to offer her opinion as to which goes best with the dip.
- provides practice with measuring
- supports observation skills