Animal Snack Mix
Gobble up a zoo with this silly snack recipe.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Logic and Reasoning
What you need:
- 3 cups teddy bear–shaped graham snacks
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 pouches chewy fruit snacks (whatever animal shape you like)
- 1 cup pretzel-flavored goldfish crackers
What to do:
Wash everyone's hands thoroughly.
Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl. Stir them together.
Ask your child to estimate how many cups of snack mix this will make.
- Measure the snack mix to see how many cups it made. Help your child pour the snack mix into a large airtight plastic container or into individual plastic bags. It will keep at room temperature for about 5 days.
- Teaches math skills
- Gives practice in following a recipe
- Teaches how to make predictions
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5