Here are some book picks for your 2nd Grader:
- The Empty Pot, by Demi: This book tells a Chinese folktale and addresses issues of honesty, the growth of plants and exposures to other cultures.
- Henry and Mudge, by Cynthia Rylant: This humorous story of a boy and his dog is a good beginner chapter book.
- The Ramona Series, by Beverly Clearly: This series about a girl and her family is a humorous chapter book that you and your child can read together.
- Nate The Great Series, by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat: This series is a good introduction to the mystery genre.
- A Bad Case of Stripes, by David Shannon: This picture book uses an amusing approach to address social issues such as fitting in, which kids often face in school.