You Wouldn't Want to Be Sick in the 16th Century!
Discover what it was like to be a barber surgeon in the sixteenth century and why it was a terrible time for people to be sick.
This delightful series brings something unusual to the study of history: humor. The You Wouldn't Want to... series revels in the darker side of life in ancient times. The reader is on center stage as he or she gets a tour through life as a slave, warrior, explorer, and even a mummy! Hilarious illustrations, captions, and sidebars leave no doubt that you simply wouldn't want to be there.
Perfect resource for reluctant readers with:
• humor and history tied to curriculum
• entertaining sidebars to pique reader's curiosity
• comprehensive glossary to support content
• index to make navigating subject matter easier
- 7, 8, 9, 10
- Interest Level
- Grades 2 - 5
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Lexile Measure
- Guided Reading
- Franklin Watts
- Comedy and Humor, Informational Text