Grade Level Taught
Please select all that apply.
Number of years teaching:
If you have worked as a teacher for 6 months to a year, please enter 1. If you have worked as a teacher for less than 6 months, please enter 0.
Please select all that apply.
1) Overall, how would you rate student academic achievement at your school? By academic achievement we mean your students' preparedness for the next level of education.
2) In your view, what percentage of the students currently in your classes could leave high school prepared to succeed in a 2- or 4-year college?
3) Compared to when you started teaching in the school you currently teach, would you say there are more students, fewer students, or the same percentage of students who can be described in the following ways?
4) Which of the following apply to you? Please select all that apply.
5) In an average day, how many hours do you work...Please type in the number of hours and minutes per day you work at each.
6) Which of the following populations of students do you currently have in your class(es)? Please select all that apply.
1) How much of an impact do you believe the following efforts would have on improving student academic achievement? By academic achievement, we mean students' preparedness for the next level of education.
2) Have you heard of the Common Core State Standards Initiative? The Common Core State Standards are new standards in mathematics and English language arts meant to be consistent from state to state for each grade level. They were completed in the summer of 2010 through a state-led effort and have been adopted by over 40 states.
How prepared do you feel to teach the Common Core State Standards in your classroom?
3) Using the scale below, please slide the arrow to the point that reflects your view on what your ideal, average class size is.
4) Now please slide the arrow to the point at which you feel that the average number of students in your class(s) would have a negative impact on student achievement.
1) In your experience, how important is each of the following in measuring students' academic achievement? By academic achievement we mean students' preparedness for the next level of education.
2) How often do you use student performance data for each of the following instructional purposes? By student performance data we mean things such as performance on class assignments, class participation and performance on standardized tests, etc.
3) How much do you agree or disagree with the following statements about summative standardized tests at the state level?
1) How much, if at all, do you think each of the following should contribute to measuring teacher performance?
2) Now thinking about these same things that might contribute to measuring teacher performance, about how often do each of these actually happen at your school?
3) Now thinking about these same things that might contribute to measuring teacher performance, how often do you feel each of these should happen at your school?
4) How much do agree or disagree with the following statements about teacher tenure?
5) On the following scale, please slide the arrow to the number of years at which point teachers should be considered for tenure.
6) Which of the following best describes the role you think seniority should play in workforce reduction decisions? Please select one response.
1) Below is a list of factors that some people say may be associated with retaining good teachers. How important do you think each of these items is in retaining good teachers?
2) In general, how satisfied are you in your job as a teacher?
3) Which choice below best describes you? Please read all choices before selecting one option.